TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: Stutters with GTN in VC (Arrow III)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
The GTN seems to be causing big stutters in my sim when used in the VC.
The only plane that I own which has VC integration is theĀ  Just Flight ARROW III so all my observations will be based on this combination.
Some background on my computer specs:
Core i7 9700K, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080Ti, FS2020 installed on an SSD (samsung 970EVO)
I am running FS2020 in 4K, on a 144Hz GSync screen, fs2020 SU8.

My observations:
When flying the Arrow III with the GTN, I noticed that the sim sort of "pauses" every second or so for a very short while. If I go to the outside view and keep panning around the plane it is very noticeable as the camera movements got those sorts of hiccups.

I tried lots of configurations. I tried disabling GSync, capping the framerate at 30fps in Nvidia manager but still had the issue.
On the arrow III, once loaded, even if I changed the GPS option in the plane's EFB to a default GPS, I still had the issue.
If I uninstall TDS GTN, the issue disappears and the plane can be used normally.

Now, when running my tests, I found something VERY strange. If I open ANY other window (be it task manager, notepad, literally anything) and keep this window focused, the issue disappears ! For example, in FS2020 I switch to external view and start panning around the plane. I see the stutters. Now I open any window and keep it focused in front of the sim. If I pan around the plane, it is butter smooth ! If I click on the FS2020 window, bam, the stutters come back.
I tried running FS in windowed or full screen and it did not make any difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards.

Charles MOULIN
Hello Charles,

Thank you for your very detailed post on the GTNXi VC integration pauses. We are actively working on this and this is the main item that we are concentrating on, with high hopes for a correct and proper resolution.

Can you confirm that you are having problems when you run the TDS GTNXi into a non VC integrated solution as a standalone window?
Additionally, from what we read, you are having problems with MSFS "pausing", so this means not the GTNXi? But do you see any lag inside the GTNXi?

Another test to try is to set the MSFS VSYNC FPS limit to 30fps, this way we can give some more GPU Cycles to the TDS GTNXi, since if MSFS uses all GPU, then none will be left for the GTNXi to use.

It is a bit tough as we are not experiencing this problem ourselves, but only very few of our customers are. However, we are committed to getting it solved. Are you willing to work with us for a proper resolution to this issue?
In sim vsync doesn't seem to stick well for me. Try going to the Nvidia control panel instead, and set max fps to 30. Ooops sorry can't read heh - you already tried this.
An important question is if you have "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling" enabled from the Display Settings/Graphics settings:

Please let us know of the setting before changing it, we suggest running a test with it to OFF.
Based on our findings, we strongly suggest setting Hardware accelerated GPU Scheduling to OFF. Then reboot the PC after making the change, otherwise the change will not take effect.

Instructions on how to access this setting:
https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-10-gpu...urning-on/

[Image: Graphics.jpg]
Hi,
Thanks you for trying to help me.
I will try to answer you in order.

*If I run the GTN as a popup in a standalone window on another aircraft, i have no issue.
*When I have my problem, it is FS2020 which is stuttering. The GTN itself seems normal.
*I also tried VSync ON and 30FPS within FS2020 (no frame cap in Nvidia) and the problem is still there.
*Presently I have Hardware accelerated scheduling set to off. I will try with it ON and report back.

I am willing to help you if I can run some other tests.
I won't have more time tonight as I am working the night shift (I'm an ATC at LFPG) but should be able to run a few tests in the coming days if needed.

I just tested with Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling ON and it made no difference.
Based on our findings, we strongly suggest setting Hardware accelerated GPU Scheduling to OFF. Then reboot the PC after making the change, otherwise the change will not take effect.
Yes, that's what I did.

I was already with GPU scheduling switched off so all my initial tests were with it ALREADY TURNED OFF.

What I did tonight was turning it On, then rebooting, then trying again and as I reported the issue was still present. So i reverted again to GPU scheduling Off.
(03-07-2022, 07:30 PM)tango4 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Thanks you for trying to help me.
I will try to answer you in order.

*If I run the GTN as a popup in a standalone window on another aircraft, i have no issue.
*When I have my problem, it is FS2020 which is stuttering. The GTN itself seems normal.
*I also tried VSync ON and 30FPS within FS2020 (no frame cap in Nvidia) and the problem is still there.
*Presently I have Hardware accelerated scheduling set to off. I will try with it ON and report back.

I am willing to help you if I can run some other tests.
I won't have more time tonight as I am working the night shift (I'm an ATC at LFPG) but should be able to run a few tests in the coming days if needed.

I just tested with Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling ON and it made no difference.

Thank you for the detailed answers.
Unfortunately this seems to be an issue only reported by you so far, but somehow we think that it is correlated to what other users have experienced with laggy GTN displays.

Thank you for offering to help. Do you use Discord/Email?
Yes I use both.
Thank you, can you please send us (TDSSim) a message on our Discord:

https://discord.com/invite/NupgPCUgsH
Pages: 1 2