TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: VLOC vs CDI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hmmm, just a thought but maybe TDS should buy a copy of the Justflight aircraft, so that you can confirm these issues for yourself?
Unfortunately we can't confirm the issue on our end, it works as expected.
Ok, so it works for some installations of the Warrior II but not others? Weird...

Seems like the GTN is commanding the Warrior to switch from NAV to GPS, but that switching is not "sticking" and the Warrior is switching the NAV/GPS switch back to NAV which the GTN detects and switches back the GTN from GPS to VLOC.

Maybe a controller issue? Some users have physical switch assigned to NAV/GPS and the switch is set to NAV? Pretty sure I tested this last night with all controllers unplugged, so I don't think that's cause of my issue...
(02-28-2022, 12:18 AM)MatthewS Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a controller issue? Some users have physical switch assigned to NAV/GPS and the switch is set to NAV? Pretty sure I tested this last night with all controllers unplugged, so I don't think that's cause of my issue...
I've not been using any controllers when testing this - just clicking the GTN buttons and panel switch with my mouse.

In my case, when I use the CDI button on the GTN, the NAV/GPS panel switch behaves as expected (i.e. flips between NAV & GPS and stays in the new position) but the GTN switches from GPS back to VLOC. This results in the CDI and panel switch sometimes agreeing, sometimes not.

When I use the panel switch, it again behaves as expected but there's no change to the VLOC display below the CDI button - it continuously displays VLOC. This also results in the CDI and panel switch sometimes agreeing, sometimes not.
Think I was seeing exactly the same as you.
My previous post was from memory and I've not used MSFS since Sunday, so any variation between what you and I described is probably just an error in my recollection.
(02-28-2022, 03:47 AM)richavery Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2022, 12:18 AM)MatthewS Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a controller issue? Some users have physical switch assigned to NAV/GPS and the switch is set to NAV?  Pretty sure I tested this last night with all controllers unplugged, so I don't think that's cause of  my issue...
I've not been using any controllers when testing this - just clicking the GTN buttons and panel switch with my mouse.

In my case, when I use the CDI button on the GTN, the NAV/GPS panel switch behaves as expected (i.e. flips between NAV & GPS and stays in the new position) but the GTN switches from GPS back to VLOC. This results in the CDI and panel switch sometimes agreeing, sometimes not.

When I use the panel switch, it again behaves as expected but there's no change to the VLOC display below the CDI button - it continuously displays VLOC. This also results in the CDI and panel switch sometimes agreeing, sometimes not.

Hello,

Are you willing to help us out by testing a version with logging?
(03-01-2022, 02:30 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2022, 03:47 AM)richavery Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2022, 12:18 AM)MatthewS Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a controller issue? Some users have physical switch assigned to NAV/GPS and the switch is set to NAV?  Pretty sure I tested this last night with all controllers unplugged, so I don't think that's cause of  my issue...

Hello,

Are you willing to help us out by testing a version with logging?

Absolutely. What would you like me to do?
Perfect, do you use Discord or email? If via email, please send us a PM with your email address and we will send you the instructions there. Thank you.
(03-01-2022, 02:51 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]Perfect, do you use Discord or email? If via email, please send us a PM with your email address and we will send you the instructions there. Thank you.

PM sent.
We would like to thank everybody involved in this matter. Thanks to the help of richavery, we found a temporary workaround of this problem.
The bug occurs with State Saving enabled in the Just Flight Warrior. If this is the case, please have the default navigator set to anything else other than the TDS GTNXi, so when the Warrior loads, the TDS GTNXI is not the default GPS Navigator. This will make the VLOC/GPS switch to function well.

A permanent fix will come by means of a Just Flight patch. We will keep this post updated when we have news.
Pages: 1 2 3 4