TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: how to run in stand alone mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I start TDS GTNNXi Fliight Sim, I can open stand alone windows. But as soon as flight laads, it switches to "TDS GTNXi in Gauge Mode", GPS windows disappar, are now in the game instead. Is there a way to toggle this? Or better yet - have both  Smile?

Thank you!
Yes, if the aircraft selected isn't a a VC Integrated aircraft, you can run the standalone, in the Windows System Tray, on the bottom right corner by the clock, please look for the TDS GTNXI icon and you can easily show the interface, from there the 750/650 windows can be displayed. You can also start the TDS GTNXi from the desktop shortcut while MSFS is running and it will pop-up the main interface, thus not having to go in the System Tray.
(02-23-2022, 01:11 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, if the aircraft selected isn't a a VC Integrated aircraft, you can run the standalone, in the Windows System Tray, on the bottom right corner by the clock, please look for the TDS GTNXI icon and you can easily show the interface, from there the 750/650 windows can be displayed. You can also start the TDS GTNXi from the desktop shortcut while MSFS is running and it will pop-up the main interface, thus not having to go in the System Tray.

Thank you for your reply. Do you have any plans to have the UI dsiplay in BOTH cockipt and external 'stand alon' applicaiton widnow (outside of MSFS)? Asking becauaase I often fly in VR, but at times would be handy to put on autopilot, slip the headset off, and interact with the GPS in its own window (not a pop-out - as pop out is display only, no input possiible) without having to exit VR.
Hello, while it would be a performance issue to display the same GTNXi into more than one window at the same time, we can certainly consider an interface option that would allow customers to switch between the two.
I'd love to be able to have the standalone over the one in the plane simply because I have a tablet that I use Navigraph on.
Yes, it is certainly possible to do this, in the MSFS Community folder, please temporarily move out the folder called tds-gtnxi_gauge
(02-24-2022, 08:22 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, while it would be a performance issue to display the same GTNXi into more than one window at the same time, we can certainly consider an interface option that would allow customers to switch between the two.

Yes please make it possible to switch between TDS GTNxi VC and standalone.

When i fly, i switch between VR and flatscreen mode a different stages of flight, so it would be very nice to set up the flight plan in TDS GTN xi standalone and then when ready to fly, switch to VR mode and then the TDS GTNxi VC, and vice versa when i switch back to flatscreen mode.
(02-27-2022, 10:53 AM)Jonit Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-24-2022, 08:22 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, while it would be a performance issue to display the same GTNXi into more than one window at the same time, we can certainly consider an interface option that would allow customers to switch between the two.

Yes please make it possible to switch between TDS GTNxi VC and standalone.

When i fly, i switch between VR and flatscreen mode a different stages of flight, so it would be very nice to set up the flight plan in TDS GTN xi standalone and then when ready to fly, switch to VR mode and then the TDS GTNxi VC, and vice versa when i switch back to flatscreen mode.

This can be done as the admin said by moving the folder " tds-gtnxi_gauge" out of your community folder. I use MSFS Addons Linker to turn things off and on. So if you were to place the folder into the the directory you setup with the linker you will have the ability to turn it on or off.