TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: Flight plan created in MSFS world map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it expected that the flight plan created in MSFS world map is not reflected on the GPS? Or am I doing somethig wrong?

Thank you!
I'd guess that's normal. Maybe TDS has an idea exactly though.
Since the TDS GTNXI has its own database, the flight plan is not shared with MSFS.
(02-23-2022, 10:02 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]Since the TDS GTNXI has its own database, the flight plan is not shared with MSFS.

Thank you for your reply.

Does this mean that there is no way to interact with in-game ATC? (I assume if flight plans from world  map don't reflect on the GPS, it's even more NOT possible to file a flight plan with in-game ATC based on a flight plan created in side GTNXi).

Is this something you have plans to maybe resole in the future?

Thank you!
While we can't promise for now, we may consider a solution to somehow sync the GTNXI to the MSFS flight plan. Unfortunately as it is now, the MSFS ATC will not interact with the TDS GTNXI flight plan.
Create a flight plan in the world map and then manually re-enter that plan into the GTNXi when in the sim and you can interact with ATC as you normally would.
(02-23-2022, 04:07 PM)Crunchmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Create a flight plan in the world map and then manually re-enter that plan into the GTNXi when in the sim and you can interact with ATC as you normally would.

I though of it, but that seems like a tedious work aroudn - now we havde to do the flight plan twice ;-) 

thank you!
Yes, indeed, in the future we will analyze this situation and see if there is room for improvement within the MSFS engine.
For MSFS 2020: Create your flight in Simbrief, generate and download using GTN format which saves as .gfp. You should then setup your flight using your departure location. Hit Fly. Make sure you have saved in the correct tds folder. Import the flight plan in the TDS GTN. It should be working.

You can also create and export in LittleNavMap, too.
(02-25-2022, 12:12 AM)mrbill38119 Wrote: [ -> ]For MSFS 2020: Create your flight in Simbrief, generate and download using GTN format which saves as .gfp. You should then setup your flight using your departure location. Hit Fly.  Make sure you have saved in the correct tds folder. Import the flight plan in the TDS GTN. It should be working.

You can also create and export in LittleNavMap, too.

Thank you - I was looking for a way to do that! (I can't figure out how to export the plan in LNM but can use the simBrief method.)

FWIW, if anyone wants to make use of user-defined waypoints in simBrief, you can enter coordinates in the N/S E/W format (I don't know the technical term for this!). If a waypoint is at 51° 25' 35.81" N 0° 58' 29.10" W, type 512536N005829W into the route text box. (Notice that each section consists of 6 digits - 2 for degrees, 2 for minutes and 2 for seconds - so 0° becomes 00 and the decimals are rounded.) The resulting .gfp file downloaded from simBrief will contain the waypoints.

As an example:
EGLK
wpt 1: 51° 25' 35.81" N 0° 58' 29.10" W
wpt 2: 51° 27' 8.27" N 1° 18' 50.23" W
wpt 3: 51° 36' 12.67" N 1° 26' 25.06" W
wpt 4: 51° 43' 55.68" N 1° 15' 2.81" W
EGTK

Enter EGLK as the departure and EGTK as the destination. In the route box, type:
512536N005829W 512708N011850W 513613N012625W 514356N011503W
and click the Analyze Route button.
Pages: 1 2