TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: Full approach functionality?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi - I discovered this software tonight and just want to confirm something that is unclear after reading this and other sim forums. 

Will this software provide horizontal (localized) guidance and glide slope for ILS and RNAV approaches and have the CDI and glide slope 8ndicate accordingly on the g1000 in MSFS 2020?

In other words - does this talk to the stock MSfS2020 g1000 for ILS needle and glodeslope like real life?
Hello Dave,

Thank you for your interest in the TDS GTNXi. As of writing this message, the horizontal (localizer) needle will work just fine for any lateral guidance, including RNAV LPV approaches. Unfortunately the glidepath needle does not work for RNAV approaches. For ILS approaches, both the localizer and glideslope needles are functioning as normal, since the data is drawn from MSFS.
Hi - after reading more threads on this forum I believe I will NOT get a glide slope or horizontal deviation on the g1000 or any other device within MSFS. These course deviation indicators are only shown on the TDSSIM GTN Device itself. Is that correct?

Btw I get that if this is the case it’s a MSFS limitation and nothing you can do about it. I bought it today and started to play around initially and it’s still looks great even if this is a limitation..
Hello David,

You will get horizontal deviation on the g1000 or any other gauges that adhere to the MSFS SDK, this is most, if not all gauges. The problem only exists with vertical deviation. If you have any questions, please let us know.